In the three years since the publication of the first volume of 101 Questions & Answers about Standards, Assessment, and Accountability, Dr. Reeves and the Center for Performance Assessment have continued to receive and respond to real-world questions from teachers, school leaders, parents, students, and educational researchers. Now, in the age of increased accountability and No Child Left Behind, Dr. Reeves offers this second collection of questions and answers that addresses a new set of issues affecting education today.
- Establishing Power Standards for elective courses
- Evaluating the benefits of teaching to prescribed standards and developing building- or district-specific Power Standards
- Aligning leaders’ approaches to standards-based instruction and accountability
- Preparing students for university acceptance based on norm-referenced versus criterion-referenced scoring
- Collecting data from both district-wide and building-wide assessments
- Measuring student achievement in reading and writing
- Evaluating achievement for ESL, remedial, and gifted students
Together with the first collection of questions and answers, this second volume will help all stakeholders in education today formulate effective solutions and improve communication within the school community.