Where should mom or dad live? This audiobook provides information about living arrangements, services, and facilities available for older adults with changing health needs, as well as checklists to help you determine the living situation most appropriate for your loved one.
- Helping your loved one maintain independence as long as possible
- Modifying your loved one’s home for safety and comfort
- Determining the need for home services and home health care
- Transitioning your loved one from their home to a caregiver’s home
- Understanding the pros and cons of moving your loved one into your home
- Preventing caregiver burnout
- Moving your loved one to an assisted-living or full-time care facility
In addition, we will take a look at units that provide specialized care for memory problems and discuss what to do in the event your loved one is placed in a psychiatric facility.
Balancing the best interest of an aging loved one with your abilities and resources can create stress and worry. Being prepared to make decisions about their care and housing in advance can help you focus your energy on your loved one and ease their transition from one living situation to another.