This Series, in seven parts, tells the story of America from the earliest founding through the days of Woodrow Wilson and The Great War (World War I). In Part 2, you’ll hear stories of the settlement of the Virginia Colony.
1. The Adventures of Captain John Smith
2. More Adventures of Captain John Smith
3. How the Colony Was Saved
4. How Pocahontas Took a Journey Over the Seas
5. How the Redmen Fought Against Their White Brothers
6. How Englishmen Fought a Duel with Tyranny
7. The Coming of the Cavaliers
8. Bacon’s Rebellion
9. The Story of the Knights of the Golden Horseshoe
Henrietta Elizabeth Marshall (1867 – 1941) was a British author, most famous for her works of history for children.
For decades, Marshall’s books were ubiquitous in schools and home libraries. Much of the popularity of her works stems from her talent for making history read like good storytelling.