The World Health Organization projects the majority of the world’s heart attack patients will be Asian Indian within a few years. South Asians, who are predominantly Indians and Pakistanis, make up one-third of the world’s population and have the highest prevalence of heart disease and diabetes. Dr. Ronesh Sinha, an internal medicine specialist in Silicon Valley, CA, recipient of the 2013 Silicon Valley Business Journal Health Care hero award, and TEDx speaker, specializes in helping patients of South Asian heritage moderate heart disease risk factors and obesity trends with a comprehensive lifestyle modification approach that has delivered exceptional results. Dr. Sinha’s The South Asian Health Solution is the first book to provide an ancestral health-based wellness plan culturally tailored for South Asians. In particular, South Asians living outside of India in countries such as the United States, England, and Canada, show an even greater disease risk due to their immersion into Western dietary and lifestyle habits.
This book covers some of the following topics:
- South Asian-specific risk factors and how to accurately interpret cholesterol and body composition readings
- Key lifestyle changes for weight loss and disease prevention
- Three common cultural myths that lead to unhealthy habits
- How to effectively manage sleep, stress, and fatigue
- And specific tips for women, children, and seniors.