Fresh, funny, and fearless, The Middle Finger Project is a point-by-point primer on how to get unstuck, slay imposter syndrome, trust in your own worth and ability, and become a strong, capable, wonderful, weird, brilliant, ballsy, unf–kwithable you.
“Don’t worry, this isn’t a book about God, nor is it a book about Ryan Gosling (second in command). But it is a book about authority and becoming your own.” (Ash Ambirge)
After a string of dead-end jobs and a death in the family, Ash Ambirge was down to her last $26 and sleeping in a Kmart parking lot when she faced the truth: No one was coming to her rescue. It was up to her to appoint herself. That night led to what eventually became a six-figure freelance career as a sought-after marketing and copywriting consultant, all while sipping coffee from her front porch in Costa Rica.
She then launched the Middle Finger Project, a blog and online course hub, which has provided tens of thousands of young “women who disobey” with the tools and mindset to give everyone else’s expectations the finger and get on your own path to happiness, wealth, independence, and adventure.
In her first audiobook, Ash draws on her unconventional personal story to offer a fun, bracing, and occasionally potty-mouthed manifesto for the transformative power of radical self-reliance. Employing the signature wit and wordsmithing she’s used to build an avid following, she offers paradigm-shifting advice along the lines of:
- The best feeling in the world is knowing who you are and what you’re capable of doing.
- Life circumstances are not life sentences. If a Scranton girl who grew up in a trailer park can make it, so can you.
- What you believe about yourself will either murder your chances or save your life. So why not believe something good?
- You don’t need a high-ranking job title to be authorized to contribute. You just need to contribute.
- Be your own authority. Authority only works as long as you trust that someone smarter than you is making the rules.
- The way you become a force is by being the most radically real version of yourself that you can be.
- You only have 12 f–ks a day to give, so use them wisely.