Twenty years ago, while riding in the back of a New York City taxicab, syndicated columnist and business consultant David J. Pollay had an awakening – and he converted the lesson he learned that day into a life philosophy: By letting other people’s garbage – their negativity – simply pass by, and not dumping garbage on others, you can become happier and more successful, both personally and professionally.
Since David published the Law in his newspaper column three years ago, more than 1,000 blogs have posted it, millions more have read it, and organizations worldwide have adopted it. And the numbers keep growing. Translated into nearly 50 languages, people from more than 100 countries have taken David’s No Garbage Trucks! Pledge. All over the world people remember the focusing metaphor of the garbage truck for what can be achieved in life by not staking success and happiness on the behavior of others. Powerful and easily understood, The Law of the Garbage Truck will guide and inspire listeners everywhere, every day.
Now Pollay shows you how to apply his Law in this remarkable audiobook that can help you:
- Avoid getting dumped on by rude, thoughtless, and angry people
- Stop reliving the negative in your past, and fearing the future
- Focus on what you can control, not the negative things you can’t
- Reduce incivility wherever you find it, and stop bullies in their tracks
- Improve your relationships by not dumping on your friends, parents, spouse, or coworkers
- Find happiness again after dealing with illness, loss, and personal tragedy
- Increase productivity, respect, and cooperation by creating a No Garbage Trucks! Zone in your business, school, and home
- Gain the courage to enjoy every day, do what you love, and make a difference