The happiness you seek is already here. Yes, it’s true! You just need to know where to look…And you won’t find it by focusing on your problems.
- Are you tired of feeling sad, stuck, anxious, and overwhelmed?
- Are you fed up because nothing changes no matter how many podcasts you listen to or how many years you’re in therapy?
- Shouldn’t you feel better already with all this inner work you’re doing?
You long to feel peace and joy in your life – but you just can’t seem to find your way out of the pain. You just know there’s something more. And there is. There is a solution, but you won’t find it by reading another self-help book.
The self-help industry perpetuates the myth that we are limited, damaged, inadequate selves who need to be fixed. This is what keeps you feeling fear, lack, and discontent with yourself and your life. But what if you could discover peace and freedom available now? Welcome to the sacred path back to yourself-to the truth of who you are before any programmed ways of being took hold.
In The End of Self Help, psychologist Gail Brenner, Ph.D. reveals the possibility of discovering your natural sense of ease and well-being available in any moment – once you realize this revolutionary truth: that who you are is not defined by your distorted thoughts and painful feelings. Gail has been there – and she found her way out of suffering.
With an infectious spirit, she describes how personal suffering is a case of mistaken identity. She walks with you as you expand your attention beyond your well-worn troubles to the very source of happiness and peace: presence itself. Guided audio meditations, included with each section, help light the way.
In the award-winning The End of Self-Help, you will learn practical skills to:
- Be aware of your troublesome thoughts and feelings so you can make conscious choices that support your well-being.
- Make choices in your life that keep you present and connected inside.
- Taste the possibility of feeling good about yourself and the way you show up in your life – with your family, friendships, and work.
- Notice the simple pleasures in life instead of feeling trapped in old patterns that don’t bring you peace.
Finally, you have space to feel relaxed, calm, and grateful. You begin to trust that you’re able to be truly happy – maybe for the first time in your life. You will discover that you can:
- Feel whole, spacious, and deeply okay – rather than being hard on yourself;
- Feel better about your past;
- Know what to do with your busy mind filled with worries and negative thoughts;
- Make life-affirming choices in your everyday life;
- Feel fully alive and aware, present to the moments of this precious life.
The End of Self-Help makes ancient teachings accessible to the modern mind. It’s a must-rlisten for anyone who has finally realized that self-help doesn’t actually help. You’ll discover the fulfillment you’ve been longing for – the living, breathing possibility of peace now…and now…and now…
Get this audiobook now and take one step closer to knowing the peace you long for.
- 2015 USA Best Book Awards; winner Self-Help: General
- 2015 Living Now Book Awards; tied for silver; Personal Growth/Motivation category