It’s completely understandable if you’re in the dark about alchemy. It has been practiced around the world and linked to various religious rites, scientific experiments, and, of course, magic – a series of beliefs and disciplines that defy categorization and definition.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Alchemy demystifies this ancient art with an easy-to-comprehend overview of its history, philosophies, and practices. In it, you get:
- The basic principles of alchemy – including the Three Essentials that are present in all things
- The alchemist’s code – ciphers, signs, symbols, sacred geometry, and more
- A list of tonics, elixirs, and other alchemical medicines
- The three stages of alchemical transformation
- The meaning and power of the Four Elements – Fire, Water, Air and Earth – and the Fifth Element, the Quintessence
- A look at the relationship between alchemy and science
- An exploration of the significance of the Philosopher’s Stone
- A behind-the-scenes tour of a medieval alchemist’s laboratory
Sit back and enjoy Kris Dyer reading you The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Alchemy!
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your raksBooks Library along with the audio.