Do you want to learn more about the Bronte Sisters, but don’t have time to rlisten to huge, long biographies? Then let The History Journals take you on an hourly history tour of their lives.
The Brontes are one of the most famous literary families the world has ever known. Their magnificent novels such as Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights continue to be the epitome of English Literature and can still be found in our bookshops and on library shelves, as well as online. Since the 19th century Charlotte, Anne, and Emily Bronte have all played their part in captivating hearts and minds with their passionate novels as well as touching reader’s souls with their moving poetry. Even their brother Branwell Bronte and father Patrick Bronte enjoyed a measure of success with their verses.
You will learn about:
- Father Patrick, mother Maria, the births of the Bronte children.
- The move to Haworth, early deaths and schooling.
- Missing home, the heath and learning to be governesses.
- Wuthering Heights, Agnes Grey, death of brother Branwell.
- Further family tragedies and the growing fame of the Brontes.
- Charlotte alone, death and the Bronte legacy.
The History Journals
We create enlightening history books for people looking to learn about topics in a quick study guide format. Our books won’t take you days to read (or listen to) – but can be enjoyed over a cup of coffee and an hour or so of your time. They are the perfect starter to see if you’d like to delve deeper into any specific subject.