The forces of persuasion are all around us. What you might often consider a free choice is quite often the result of persuasion from one or any number of forces. Persuasion influences people to make decisions about what they buy, where they live, who they vote for, and who they love. Persuasion can change our views, change our acts, change our personality, and change our world.
In The Art of Persuasion, you’ll uncover the principles and tools of persuasion in a clear and concise manner that makes them simple to understand. You’ll learn:
- The 6 Principles of Persuasion
- The tools and techniques used in persuasion
- How to increase sales with persuasion
- Using body language to persuade others
- How to recognize manipulation
- Persuasion in dating and relationships
- Using persuasion to advantage in negotiations
- How to achieve your goals through self-persuasion
- Improving your family relationships through persuasion techniques
- How to detect deception in others
- Reading body language
- Using self-persuasion techniques on others
- Recognizing when you are being persuaded against your best interest
- How to recognize the persuasive effects of fake news
- How to use habits in self-persuasion
- And much more…
In the nature-versus-nurture debate, nurture is being found to have more and more sway on how humans ultimately become who they are, and that nurturing usually takes the form of persuasion.
Persuasion is one of the critical parts of what makes us what we are. In our always-on, always-connected world, it’s almost impossible to escape the effects of persuasion. So how do you maintain your own free will? And how do you use persuasion on your behalf to advance your own goals? This book has the answers you’re looking for, from some of the most current research on the subject available.