Everything you need to know about the craft of the wise.
Witchcraft is a vibrant, nature-based spiritual practice that is alive and well in our modern times, just as it has been throughout history. It’s also an enormous topic that can be overwhelming for those who are just starting to explore it. There’s so much to learn, and there are many differing perspectives on what is “correct” or “incorrect” in terms of knowledge and practice. Truly, it may be the one of the most confounding of all forms of spirituality!
Modern Witchcraft and Magic for Beginners, by best-selling author Lisa Chamberlain, was created to provide a fact-based, neutral orientation to launch you on your quest for knowledge. Whether you choose to call yourself a Witch, a Wiccan, both, or neither, this audiobook will help you navigate the various opinions, definitions, and perspectives you’ll find in the wide, wide world of the Craft. You’ll find:
- An overview of the historical and cultural contexts in which contemporary Witchcraft has evolved
- A debunking of common misconceptions about Witchcraft as it is practiced today
- Core beliefs and practices found among a variety of forms of the Craft
- Clear distinctions between Wiccan, Traditional, and Eclectic paths
- Core concepts underlying the “why” and “how” of magic
- A brief look at a few common magical techniques – visualization, invocation, and candle magic
- Some example workings for you to try, if you feel so inclined
- Suggested references for those who want to explore these topics further
Whether your curiosity about the Craft is intellectual, spiritual, or both, you’ll find plenty of useful information in Modern Witchcraft and Magic for Beginners. If you’re ready to explore this fascinating realm, listen to this audiobook!