Misdirection is a step-by-step playbook for CEOs, CFOs, business owners, and HR executives that will help you identify and mitigate what can be the largest cause of negative operating leverage in your business.
No matter your industry, company size, or location, this book will provide the tools to help you uncover what every other consultant has ignored. These expenses, hiding in every business, are disguised as liabilities but can become a powerful asset. You can look at this book as a self-defense, judo of sorts, to protect your company from unnecessarily overspending on what should be a manageable expense. Not only do we address cost, but we discuss employee morale, improving company culture, and how all these topics are tied together.
Many times I see companies sacrifice the important for the urgent. This causes businesses to neglect what they believe they cannot change and instead focus on what they know they can.
This blind spot on your P&L has been largely overlooked because you have been trained to overlook it. In fact, most business owners, C-suite executives, mayors, governors, and union heads have been trained to delegate this expense to non-P&L managers. This is because they’ve always thought there was no way to control this expense. In reality, they have been kept in the dark by the misaligned incentives in this multibillion-dollar industry.
Warren Buffet once famously called GM “a health and benefits company with an auto company attached”. It has also been reported that Starbucks spends more on health insurance for its employees than it does on coffee beans. For most companies, health insurance is the second or third largest expense after payroll and raw materials.
This puts you in the health-care business! I have just one question for you – how is your health-care business doing? If my asking that question made you feel uncomfortable, that’s okay – it’s just the Cartel’s programming taking over.
When organizations spend millions of dollars in a belief system, they try very hard to hold on to it. In this book, you will learn:
- The financial hedging strategy that will allow your company to arbitrage risk of $40,000 to one million dolalrs, down to less than $5,000.
- Who the cartel is and how they have been paid billions by ripping off millions of people and business just like yours.
- Why your company unnecessarily overpays for what should be a manageable expense.
- How to turn a rented liability into an asset you own.
- Why health-care supply-chain price gouging causes the quality of your health plan to diminish, and what you can do about it.
- How a few simple steps can increase your company’s EBITDA each and every year.
- The fastest way to recapture a decade or more of losses – that you have already experienced.
- Recognize the “learned helplessness” that has gradually crept into your awareness over the last 10-plus years.
- How price and cost are different and how we can use this to make your health plan better.
This book is a plainly written, common sense guide to why you overpay for healthcare at work and how to give your employees the best health-care plan they have ever had. Doing this will give you a literal competitive edge in your market, just be sure to listen to this before your competitor does.
Forward by Craig Lack, best-selling author and labeled as “the most effective consultant you’ve never heard of”.
There are no reviews yet.