The average person has 70,000 thoughts every day, and many of those thoughts trigger a corresponding emotion. No wonder so many of us often feel like we’re controlled by our emotions. Our lives would be much improved if we controlled them.
In Living Beyond Your Feelings, Joyce Meyer examines the gamut of feelings that human beings experience. She discusses the way that the brain processes and stores memories and thoughts, and then – emotion by emotion – she explains how we can manage our reactions to those emotions. By doing that, she gives the listerner a toolbox for managing the way we react to the onslaught of feelings that can wreak havoc on our lives.
In this audiobook, Meyer blends the wisdom of the Bible with the latest psychological research and discusses:
- The four personality types and their influence on one’s outlook
- The impact of stress on physical and emotional health
- The power of memories
- The influence of words on emotions
- Anger and resentment
- Sadness, loss, and grief
- Guilt and regret
- The power of replacing reactions with “pro-actions”
- The benefits of happiness