Integrating Hadoop leverages the discipline of data integration and applies it to the Hadoop open-source software framework for storing data on clusters of commodity hardware. It is packed with the need-to-know for managers, architects, designers, and developers responsible for populating Hadoop in the enterprise, allowing you to harness big data and do it in such a way that the solution:
- Complies with (and even extends) enterprise standards
- Integrates seamlessly with the existing information infrastructure
- Fills a critical role within enterprise architecture.
Integrating Hadoop covers the gamut of the setup, architecture, and possibilities for Hadoop in the organization, including:
- Supporting an enterprise information strategy
- Organizing for a successful Hadoop rollout
- Loading and extracting of data in Hadoop
- Managing Hadoop data once it’s in the cluster
- Utilizing Spark, streaming data, and master data in Hadoop processes – examples are provided to reinforce concepts.