There is a real answer for healthcare, and Medicare — and it’s not what you’re hearing. Veteran industry insider Joe Flower goes public with the biggest secret in health care: The real solution to health care is already starting to happen — if you know where to look. The reform act is just a small part of the picture.
In 1980, healthcare took no more of a bite out of the U.S. economy than it did in other developed countries. By 2000, healthcare cost twice as much in the U.S. as in most other developed countries. We can change that. It’s not a law of gravity.
- How to make the federal deficit disappear.
- Why half of all health-care costs are spent on 5 percent of the people
- Why cost-cutting doesn’t cut costs.
- Why it’s not about who pays – it’s about what you pay for.
- How we can solve our health-care crisis without rationing.
- Nine things doctors could stop doing today — that we’d never miss — that would save enough to cover all uninsured Americans.
Healthcare Beyond Reform: Doing It Right For Half The Cost shows you how the system works. It explains how we got here, why we pay so much more than anyone else, and why we don’t get what we pay for.You’ll learn the five things healthcare can do to turn this around. You will see what some employers are already doing to make that happen, and what patients, families, doctors, and anyone else who cares about healthcare can do to help make it happen.There are only five and we need all five. All of them can be done right now, with the current healthcare system as it is.