Ever wonder why the world’s best investors are so successful? It’s because they utilize basic financial statement analysis skills to root out great opportunities.
Warren Buffett, David Einhorn, and Jim Chanos have made billions throughout their careers by simply reading financial statements.
Many investing or financial statement analysis books only teach basic financial ratios. However, that’s only a small fraction of the analytical process in financial statement analysis.
Most investors don’t take the time (or don’t know how) to read through footnotes or comb through SEC filings.
Financial Statement Analysis: The Blueprint for Investing Success teaches investors how to really read SEC filings.
We break through the barrier to teach ordinary people how to analyze stocks with simple explanations.
This book covers real life case studies and walk through filings together. Learn how to read through 10-Ks and 10-Qs like the pros and increase your investment success rate.
Learn the process that all the great investors use.
Key topics covered include:
- The mechanics of financial statements (balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows). Financial statement analysis starts with the basics. Learn how to read each of these important financial statements like the back of your hand.
- Key financial ratios to evaluate profitability, returns, leverage, and efficiency. Some of the ratios you’ll learn include gross margin, net margin, ROE, debt/equity, debt/EBITDA, cash conversion cycle, etc.
- Valuation methodologies to assess how cheap or expensive stocks are. Valuation is incredibly important to understand how to buy stocks. We’ll cover the major valuation metrics like P/E, P/B P/S, EV/EBITDA, etc.
- How to read key SEC filings. Most investors do not know how to read SEC filings. As a result, you can get a big advantage over other investors by being able to comb through footnotes and reading in between the lines. We’ll go over how to read 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy Statements, and Form 4 filings.
- Understand key performance indicators. Many businesses and industries have specific KPI. We’ll cover many of the important ones like same store sales, organic growth, backlog/orders, etc.
- Learn how to dig through filings to get key information and get that extra edge! Most investors will never read the footnotes of a financial report.
We’ll teach you how to read these complex financial filings and exactly what to look for to uncover incredible opportunities.