Over three million people are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s every year in the US. Alzheimer’s affects the entire family.
Has your loved one been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease? Do you know how to recognize the symptoms and distinguish them from other forms of dementia? Do you know how to choose a doctor and care for your loved one?
A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s can be confusing and devastating at the same time. Author Laura Town’s personal experience with this disease, and co-author Karen Kassel’s pharmacology background, make them the perfect team to unravel the mysteries of Alzheimer’s.
- How to recognize warning signs
- The prognosis, symptoms, and stages of Alzheimer’s disease
- Methods for delaying the onset and slowing the progression
- Special considerations for early Alzheimer’s
- Available tests, treatment options, and clinical trials