The coauthor of the classic best seller Boundaries, with over two million copies sold, and an expert on the psychology of business and leadership performance explains the behavioral reasons why some people get great results and others don’t.
In Boundaries for Leaders, Dr. Henry Cloud gives leaders the tools and techniques they need to achieve the performance they desire – in their organizations and in themselves. Drawing on the latest findings from neuroscience, Dr. Cloud shows why it’s critical for leaders to set the conditions that make people’s brains perform at their highest levels. How do great leaders do this? One way is through the creation of “boundaries” – structures that determine what will exist and what will not.
Here you will learn seven leadership boundaries that set the stage, tone, and culture for a results-driven organization, including how to:
- Help people focus their attention on the things that matter most
- Build the emotional climate that drives brain functioning
- Facilitate connections that boost energy and momentum
- Create organizational thought patterns that limit negativity and helplessness
- Identify paths for people to take control of the activities that drive results
- Create high-performance teams organized around the behaviors that drive results
- Lead yourself in a manner that protects the vision
The strong call to action in this book is that leaders are ridiculously in charge of all these elements, and they must own what they either create or allow to exist.
Filled with inspiring and practical examples from Dr. Cloud’s coaching practice, Boundaries for Leaders is essential listening for everyone who aspires to lead companies, teams, and cultures defined by high performance and healthy relationships.