From Aaron Ross Powell, author of the apocalyptic horror novel The Hole, comes this collection of six stories of crime and terror.
- “Snowed In” tells the story of three people with secrets to hide who meet at a roadside bar during a storm – and learn that there’s nothing deadlier than each other.
- In “Helix” a detective takes a case that leads him into the twisted world of genetic modification and artificial intelligence.
- The violent noir “Let Sleeping Gods” features a bad man doing very bad things to prevent the end of the world.
- “What the People Want” is an alternate-history legal mystery about what happens when the law becomes a product of popular culture.
- “Traffic Light” is about a carjacking with a terrible motive.
- In “Old Lady Prideaux’s Terrible Menagerie”, an ex-cop is asked to investigate the odd old lady who lives across the street – and discovers truths far weirder than he could’ve imagined.
All of these stories can be found in Animus: Six Tales of Crime and Terror.