In this class, you will be given proven tips to help you to estimate and plan sprints as part of your scrum projects.
I am very confident that you will find this class valuable, as it will give you a complete overview of estimating and planning in agile scrum teams. In this class, I go to great lengths to dissect the topic and present it in an easy to understand manner for both beginners and intermediates in scrum.
For starters, I will introduce you to scrum, then walk you through the process of preparing for and conducting sprint planning sessions as part of an agile scrum team. As we go on with the class, I give practical examples and tips on how to improve planning in your team or business from the ground up. To give you just a glimpse of what you will learn, here is a quick summary:
- Why we need plans and why do we need a sprint plan
- Comparison of different forms of estimation e.g. ideal days, story points etc.
- How to overcome common impediments to planning
- How to prepare for a sprint planning meeting
- An overview of the sprint planning meeting
- Artifacts needed for planning
- How to create a sprint goal
- How to use velocity in planning
- How to commit to the goal using capacity driven or velocity driven planning
- Tips to improve your sprint planning meetings
So let’s get started and let me help you to master agile estimating and sprint planning with scrum.