Ceramics have been a part of everyday life since the beginning of civilization. We have pottery and other types of ceramics that have survived from nations and people who lived more than 10,000 years ago. Ceramics from long ago can tell us a great deal about the daily habits and culture of the people they belonged to. That is why so much care is taken in archaeological digs to preserve and restore discovered ceramics.
To many people, pottery and ceramics is a business like any other. To others, it is just an art to do during one’s free time. Either perspective is all right. There are so many options out there today and their versatility to utilize them is endless. Over in this audiobook, we’ll take you further into the various uses and history of the delicate craft of ceramics and pottery.
Book content includes:
- Chapter 1 – Historical Origins of Italian Pottery
- Chapter 2 – Ceramic Restoration: How Millenia-Old Pottery Pieces Are Preserved
- Chapter 3 – The Revolution of Pottery In Stroke-On-Trent
- Chapter 4 – Materials and Techniques Used In Pottery
- Chapter 5 – What’s Used Pottery Wheels?
- Chapter 6 – Hand-Painted Ceramics and Pottery From France
- Chapter 7 – Paint Your Own Pottery Ideas: Spots and Dots Designs
- Chapter 8 – Imported Pottery and Craftsmanship